Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Preschool

So today was Syd's first day of preschool. She has been talking about it for a really long time. All day about every 5 minutes she would ask me if it was time to go. Finally, 12:30 rolled around. We got to her school and immediatley she was in heaven. She was grinning from ear to ear. She found her cubby hole and hung up her backpack. Then she was off to play with the toys. I lingered for a minute and she turns to me and says, "Mom, aren't you leaving yet?" Talk about a dagger to the heart. Surprisingly though, I never cried. I thought I would. Maybe when it is time for Kindergarten. There are 15 kids in her class including her. It looks like there are only 3 boys, so I know she will make lots of girlfriends. My little girl is growing up. Sad, but part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment