Friday, June 5, 2009

5 Year Anniversary

Yesterday was our 5 year anniversary. How time flies! Last night we stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Logan. We stayed in the African Safari room and the girls stayed at grandma and grandpa's house. I loved this room! I have a lot pictures, but will only post a few.
We dropped the girls off and went and checked in and then ate at The Bluebird. Then we went to our room and we got to choose from this list of snacks what we wanted to eat. It came with the room. We decided to get rootbeer floats. Also the room came with a bottle of sparkling cider and 2 pieces of cheesecake. Then I discovered that I absolutely loved the room and started taking a lot of pictures of everything and kept saying how much I loved it. I think Rory thought I was a little nuts, but I was having fun. The bed was so comfortable. It was a king size intelligel bed and now I need to buy me one. There were a ton of pillows and it was so comfy. Around it were these big wood pillars and a big fur blanket on the bed and I thought it was awesome. The wall was also textured with like leapord print or something. It was cool. There were pictures of lions and elephants etc. all hung around the room and the carpet was animal print and then there was a rug that was also animal print. There were a couple statues of giraffes and an elephant. The jetted tub was amazing and on the ceiling above it was a big showerhead that came down like a waterfall or something. The walls were painted to look like we were inside a tent and there were little lanterns all around. I love it! We watched TV on the 52" flat screen which was fun because that is a lot different from what we have at home.
This morning they brought us breakfast that consisted of apple and orange juice, this pastry thing that had cream cheese in it that had a raspberry sauce drizzled over it and yogurt that had granola and fruit in it. After breakfast we got massages. There were 2 ladies that came into our room and give us each a half hour massage at the same time. That was nice. I had a great time and it was so nice to get away with Rory for a night. I am so thankful for him and all that he does and for the amazing dad he is to our girls. I look forward to many more years with him as we've hit our first major milestone. I love you Rory!































2 comments:

  1. OOH Fancy. Sounds like you got a much needed break. I love your new blog background. I can't believe you two have been married for five years! I am so behind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five years??!! Wierd! I'm so glad that you two got to have a night to yourselves. You deserve it!! Happy Anniversary! I was thinking that maybe we'll try out the same suite, it looks awesome-but that might be kind of wierd for Tim ;) Glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete