Friday, June 19, 2009

Weight Check

I took Ashlyn to the doctor again today for another weight check. According to them she has gained 2 ounces. According to me she has gained 4 ounces. So the nurse went and asked the Dr. if I still need to take her to the specialist. She came back and said yes. Well I don't want to go so I told the nurse I wanted to talk to the doctor. So here is our conversation (as close as I can remember):

Dr: So you don't want to take her down the to dr?

Me: No, I honestly don't feel like it is necessary.

Dr: Well she has gained a little, I mean really slowly.

Me: What are they going to do if I take her?

Dr: (laughs) Well that's a fair question to ask. Um they will probably just tell you to keep doing the same thing we are already doing. Feed her high calorie foods and do weight checks. But they will look at her history and maybe see something there that I might not be seeing.

Me: I think my kids are just small. My other girl is the same way.

Dr: Well that could probably have a lot to do with it and that might
just be it. I'm okay if you cancel her appointment and just come back here in another month to check her weight. If she still hasn't gained much then you need to go.

So yeah. As of right now I'm not going to the specialist. I was a little bothered that he just said they would probably just say to do what we are already doing. At least he gave me an honest answer. I don't want to travel to Murray when I can do the same thing in Logan. So I will post what happens next weight check. Hopefully she will gain some weight.

2 comments:

  1. k so wip out the cheesburgers, fries, make some shakes with fresh fruit and icecream. We need her to pack on the pounds!!! At least you know that she is gaining and most times mothers intuition is right. She'll be ok, you are right though syd is the same and was. The little noodle:) love her!! We are very lucky with the men we married. thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? You are her mom and if you feel like that's what's best for her, then don't take her. She doesn't look unhealthy to me...but just follow your gut. You'll know what's best. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete