Today I took Ashlyn to the dr. for her weight checkup. At her one year appt. a month ago she was only 16 pounds so the doctor wanted her to come back monthly for a weight check to make sure she is gaining weight. So today was her first weight check since then. Well she has only gained 2 ounces. So the doctor said to go ahead and call this G.I. specialist that's somewhere in the Murray area that he says is really good and to make an appt. to see him in about 4-6 weeks. In the meantime I will take her in a month for another weight checkup. If she hasn't gained weight I will have to take her to the specialist. If she has gained enough weight then I can just cancel the appt. I'm not worried though. I don't feel anything is wrong with her. I honestly think that she was not getting enough from nursing (she would only nurse for about 5 mintues each feeding, but often) and she is just way behind. So I think it will take her a couple of months to gain. I hope that is the case, but I'm glad the dr. is telling me to make the appt. just as a precaution because you never know.
On the drive home a car pulled out in front of me or something so I called them an idiot. Afterwards I hear from the backseat, "Mom, you're not supposed to tell that to people." Sydnee had heard what I said. It was so funny. I guess I better watch what I say.
13 years ago

I hope everything goes okay. It is sad that a 2-3 year old has to tell you what not to say...
ReplyDelete