Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No more traveling

Today is Rory's cousins wedding in Bountiful. We woke up to head down there this morning. Well while we were in the canyon Ashlyn pukes. We make it to Ogden she pukes again. I pull over at a gas station and puke is everywhere! Her and her carseat are drenched, not to mention the smell that is filling the whole Jeep. So we turned around and went home. Just about every single time we travel something like this happens! If a kid is not puking or something of that nature, then we are wrecking our car. If those things aren't happening then the kids are screaming the entire time. Somehow it's still a mystery to people why I don't travel. I get so upset everytime and then the whole trip is ruined anyways. I thought a trip to Bountiful would be harmless. I guess not. I feel bad that Rory didn't get to see his family that he hasn't seen for a while. I was also looking forward to getting some pretty pictures taken of us around the temple and getting the chance to go in a temple I have never been in.

2 comments:

  1. man that is rough. Been there and you aren't the only one that gets upset. Is it just me or is that carseat impossible to clean? So is she sick or what? Man you have been dealing with the pukes and me the cold and coughs. Summer where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer deal Laur!! I think your kids are sick more than anyone I've ever seen... Next fall and winter will be better, believe me I know from my own experience. They're just building up their immune systems.
    Your kids will travel better the more you do it. My trick? A portable DVD player! You're welcome to borrow it any time. Hope Ashlyn is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete