Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Events and Shopping


Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I did write something on Saturday and tried to post 4 pictures with it and it wasn't working out how I wanted it too and I got frustrated so it didn't happen. Not a whole lot has been going on. I had a good Mother's Day and the day before, Smithfield had a parade for Health Days. The girls had a blast (other than Syd being terrified and crying from the sirens). Ashlyn was on cloud nine sitting on grandpa Denton's lap and having a piece of candy in each hand which she held the entire time. Afterwards we headed up to Downey for a friend of the families 80th birthday party. Aside from it being really windy and cold we had a good time. Sydnee went on a hike with grandpa Hollingshead and I think she wore him out. Ash was spoiled and had someone holding her the entire time. When not being held she was busy helping herself to whoever's plate of food was within reach. We had some good laughs such as when Rory got yelled at by like a 9 year old boy for hitting the volleyball too high and when I randomly hit my brother-in-law in the shoulder to kill a mosquito when everybody thought I did it because of something he had said. My mother-in-law really enjoyed that. I think she laughed the hardest out of all of us. I think one of my favorite things to do is make my in-laws laugh. Get me with the right people and this really humorous side of me comes out.

Today I went on a huge grocery shopping trip. Picture me with the 2 girls alone. The shopping cart is overflowing (I'm at Sam's Club) so I am holding onto the cart and had Ashlyn in her car seat hanging on my forearm. Ouch. Sydnee is somewhere by me following me around. We get to the Jeep and all the stuff from Sam's Club feels up the entire back. I was wondering how I was going to fit everything in because I still had to stop at Lee's. Same story at Lee's. I can't fit any more groceries into the shopping cart so things are spilling all over. I have stuff crammed underneath and flowing out the top. While checking out I had to set Ash (in her car seat) on the floor. Well I look down and she has got some nasty paper she must have picked up off the floor and she was putting in her mouth. I'm a germaphobe so I flipped out. I got everything jammed into the Jeep and I am not kidding I had groceries filling the entire thing from floor to the top of the seats. Me and the girls are all jammed inside between bags of groceries. How in the world am I going to get all of this inside by myself? By then I had had enough so I took the girls over to my parents and had my dad watch them so I could get my stuff inside the house. I think it took me an hour or longer to do. Remind me not to go on a huge shopping trip like that without Rory again. It was madness.




No comments:

Post a Comment