13 years ago
Friday, May 15, 2009
Rockchuck, Skunk, or Cat?
I just had animal control come over and set up a live trap to catch the rockchuck that is eating my garden. I live by an old potato cellar and that is where it lives. I saw it quite a bit when we first moved in, but I have only seen it once this year. Everyday when I am checking out the garden more tops of my radishes have been eaten. It has eaten all but about 3. I won't lie, I'm a little scared of catching something. He said it won't hurt me and if I catch it, just pick up the trap and move him into the shade. What?! I'm not going near it. He also said there's a chance that it might trap a cat or a skunk. If a cat gets in there he showed me how to release it, but a skunk? The last thing I want is a skunk, in a trap, in my garden. He said obviously not to go near it. It's a possibility that I will trap a skunk because last year we had a lot of skunks in the field behind us and a baby one got stuck in the neighbors window well and died. Sometimes I feel like I live in some wilderness area and not in the city! I'll let you know what I catch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment